Sunday, September 11, 2022

Time is going by way tooooo fast.

 I made my way back here and realized I started writing my thoughts here back in 2009. That's 13 years ago? Wait, what? That's a decade plus 3?

Where does time go? I remember as a kid, I always thought time went by so slow, constantly wishing I was "older" so I could do certain things. Well - that's what I get right? Exactly what I asked for.

All the memories created years ago, the parties that were thrown, the people that were met, the music that was on, it all just slips away into the shadows.

Nothing more than just getting locked into the zone of waking up, going to work, taking care of the bills, make sure the family is taken care of, as the years just speed by like a speeding bullet.

What causes this? Why does time have to go by so fast? What are the best practices to try to slow it down, not in a literal since, because that's impossible, but like, what lifestyle changes can be done to actually seem like it's not going as fast as it is?

I wish I could figure it out.

Nostalgia, which I what I call a drug, is so addicting, I  mean, legit heavy, that it's the craziest addiction I've ever had. The "natural" high you get out of living in the past is dangerous because the past is the past for a reason. The future is what you have left, the past is already gone. But, come on - I can't be the only one who loves to think of all the "what-ifs" of life, especially certain paths you took, or didn't take.

But, at the end, it's cool to go back and reflect on what was written so long ago. I find the joy of writing these thoughts down here, because I can always come back to see what I was feeling, and hopefully remember certain memories that I don't forget later.

No comments:

Post a Comment